lucifer rising

"Lucifer Rising" (1966-72) in its psychedelic, colourful, cranky and mystical glory. It's the first time I lay my eye upon it, thanks to a musical blog I quite admire. The soundtrack written and performed by Bobby Beausoleil and a band, in... jail (a sort of Count Grishnackh's percursor). Marianne Faithfull also appears among the few of the cast.



It struck my eye because Bobby Beausoleil was, methinks, mentioned, or, rather, tributed, by Current 93 in Swastikas for GNoddy, he was involved in Charles Manson story (which I was never particularly hot to read about) ... and now, what about all those connections of the music we like, the visuals we adore, the art we praise with the individuals that committed .. even not impulsive... in any case detestable crimes..

I really don't know...

kill kill killy kill - one of those disturbing teeth gritting songs i never listen to, apart from occasions like this.. (i don't think they are listenable actually, apart from their somehow documentary, referential, veiled nature)


No comments:

Post a Comment